Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Student Takeover: Day Two YEAH!


Med Clinic
Student Blogger: Fleance

Today in the medical clinic my main job in the pharmacy was to give out medicines and supplements prescribed by the doctors. The pharmacy is pretty hectic, as those in the pharmacy have to find and portion meds just as prescribed. This requires a high attention to detail, which I thought I was perfect for. It was also extremely fast paced as we had multiple papers with medicines come in all at once. For me the most memorable moment wasn’t with giving a certain family meds or interactions with patients, although those are all equally as important. To me, the most important moment was finding more prenatal meds. This was since at the beginning, we only had 3 or 4 bags of prenatals, which are meds that help pregnant women get the nutrition they need while also helping with the development of a soon-to-be-born child. When we had just one bottle left, Arielle found a whole box of prenatals with about 40 more bottles. When this happened, I felt an immeasurable amount of relief and excitement. I was thrilled to know that we had more than enough supplements to help women in need and their future children would live a healthier life. This was so significant to me because my main goal in life is to help as many people as I can, and if that starts with a medium sized box of vitamins, that’s enough for me to be satisfied with the work ethic that the pharmacy team as a whole put out throughout the day.

Close quarters in this school-turned-med-clinic!


Team Pharm (Tyler, Jack, Fleance, Arielle & Bella)


Davie & Carlos #1 leading us as we pack up the bus


Batey Papita
Student Blogger: Sadie

Today I went to the construction site at Batey Papita. We finished laying the foundation for a floor in a house for the workers. When we first arrived, a little girl named Melissa ran up to me and held my hand while we went to put our shovels and wheelbarrows down. After working hard for about two hours, I took a break to play with Melissa. I gave her gum while my new friend, Caitlin painted her nails. We worked hard for the rest of the day, and finally finished the floor for the house. Tomorrow we are going to pour concrete! 
The day ended with our group going to the Torros game. Vamos los Torros! 


Photo cred & subject: Sadie

"The national anthem is different!"

 La Fuerza Azul: Toros Superfans



No comments:

Post a Comment