Friday, November 24, 2023

Day 4: Work Day & Baseball!


Medical Clinic brought to you by Olivia C. '26

Today we once again woke up ready to work. The energy was high among the group and everyone was ready to work. Today I signed up to do blood pressure with Caroline and Sadie. The clinic was small and packed so blood pressure was moved outside. This meant the blood pressure crew got interact more with the kids, and there were A LOT of kids! Once the clinic finished the last people needing their blood pressure taken, I showed them a game that I learned while I was working construction the previous year. It was a simple game of clapping and counting to ten, but it was very entertaining for the kids. We started by counting in Spanish and then quickly switched to English. Many of the kids knew one-to-ten in English and for the others it was easy to learn. By then may kids had swarmed around wanting to play. Caroline joined in to play with some of the kids, but there were so many. At one point I was playing with six kids at once. It was such a feel good moment for me being able to connect with the kids - even with our language barrier. I also learned how rewarding it feels to wave goodbye to the people who attended the clinic. It feels like all the work we have done is really being appreciated, and I really hope for them it really feels like we care for them because we truly do. Even though I am tired I am so grateful that I was able to play a role in improving peoples lives, and making kids laugh and smile. Everyone on the team worked so hard today and I am proud to be part of an amazing team like this. Later we will go to a baseball game to relax and maybe learn some more about each other! 








No comments:

Post a Comment